Hot Cast Prepolymers
Typical Applications Include:
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial Tires & Wheels
- Recreational & Amusement Wheels
- Timber & Forestry
- Pulp & Paper
- Printing & Coating
- Steel & Metal Manufacturing
- Food Contact
Hot cast urethane prepolymers are used in the most rigorous applications where the highest performance is required. Processing of these materials generally involves heated components and tooling along with a hot post-cure to optimize properties. In most cases, low to medium cost mixing equipment and tooling are adequate.
- Isocyanates: MDI, TDI, H12MDI
- Polyols: Ester, PTMEG, PPG, Caprolactone, Polycarbonate and other specialty backbones
- Curatives: HQEE, 1,4 Butanediol, Polyols and custom blends
Processing – By Hand or Machine
- Open pour
- Compression molding
- Bottom-fill/liquid injection
- Rotational casting
- Superior abrasion resistance
- High resilience
- High load bearing capability
- Cut, tear and fatigue resistance
- Custom formulations
- Hardness available from 20 Shore A to 85 Shore D
- Chemical resistance
- Hydrolysis resistance
- Are you struggling with your supplier?
- Has service at your supplier disappointed you?
- Lost the chemistry with your chemical supplier?